Looking for an Eating Disorder Therapist
EDIT™ Certified Directory
Eating Disorder Therapist Directory Worldwide:
If you are looking for an Eating Disorder Therapist (Eating Disorder Treatment Clinician, Eating Disorder Recovery Coach or Eating Disorder Peer Support Specialist), you’ve come to the right place! Please use our directory search (scroll below), to find a professional to meet your specific needs.
If you’re an Eating Disorder Therapist and you’d like to be listed in this directory, please join us, by becoming EDIT™ Certified! You can make a unique difference for others who struggle with eating disorders. The directory lists EDIT™ Certified Professionals already making a difference. Become certified in Dr. Dorie’s method of Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy (EDIT)™ – which will allow you to help people love their bodies, make peace with food, develop healthy coping skills, and achieve lasting freedom from eating disorders.
See Who Is EDIT™ Certified Near You!
Sort by category, country and state. Or if you know the person you are looking for, search by name. With nearly 500 people already EDIT™ Certified, we are sure you will find the Eating Disorder Therapist help you need.
What is EDIT™?
Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy (EDIT)™
- EDIT™ Method is Holistic — this is the ONLY comprehensive methodology using a whole-person perspective to facilitate “healing from the inside-out,” addressing the underlying cause of eating disorders from a physical, mental, emotional AND spiritual viewpoint
- EDIT™ Treatment is Integrative — co-occurring issues such as anxiety, depression, and substance use disorders can be concurrently addressed rather than treated separately
- EDIT™ Techniques are Evidence-Based — incorporating the “gold standard” for eating disorder treatment of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), plus DBT, ACT, and other cutting-edge techniques
- EDIT™ Approach is Solution-Focused — featuring interventions to quickly alleviate eating disorder behaviors while also effectively addressing their underlying cause
- EDIT™ Process is Client-Centered — guiding clients in a customized way, to make “thought ED-ITs” to replace the eating disorder mindset with their own healing intuitive wisdom
- EDIT™ Strategies are Mindfulness-Based — addressing eating disorder behaviors in an accepting, compassionate, and transformative way
- EDIT™ Philosophy is Transpersonal — shifting from the perspective of the “false self” as a dis-eased body to the “True Self” as a Soul-Heart-Mind-Body